Faculty teams incorporate these five attributes of themed learning communities in their planning:
- Interdisciplinary theme shapes the design of each themed learning community course.
- Integration of course content in each themed learning community course is intentional; the design of each course encourages integrative thinking in students.
- Out-of-Class activities enhance the academic content, integrative thinking, and exploration of the interdisciplinary theme.
- Active learning strategies are central to each themed learning community course.
- Faculty collaboration fosters an integrative approach to teaching, exploration of the theme, planned out-of-class experiences, and student development.
See the full Themed Learning Communities High-Impact Practice Taxonomy for more details.